Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action affirmed agent agreed alleged amount appellant appellant's appellee Arkansas authority bank bond cattle cause charge circuit court claim commission complaint condition Constitution contended contract corporation damages death deed defendant delivered denied deposit directed district duty effect election error evidence executed facts favor filed follows funds further give given heirs held husband improvement injury instruction intention interest issue January January 11 Judge judgment jurisdiction jury Kirby's Digest land liable necessary negligence never operation opinion owner paid parties payment person petition plaintiff possession probate proof purchase question railroad railway reason received record recover refused rendered reversed rule statement statute street sufficient suit tending testified testimony tion tree verdict wife witness
414. lappuse - The shareholders of each association formed under the provisions of this act, and of each existing bank or banking association that may accept the provisions of this act, shall be held individually responsible, equally and ratably, and not one for another, for all contracts, debts, and engagements of such association to the extent of the amount of their stock therein at the par value thereof, in addition to the amount invested in such shares...
467. lappuse - Provided, That no such employee who may be injured or killed shall be held to have been guilty of contributory negligence in any case where the violation by such common carrier of any statute enacted for the safety of employees contributed to the injury or death of such employee.
468. lappuse - Columbia and any of the states or territories and any foreign nation or nations shall be liable in damages to any person suffering injury while he is employed by such carrier in such commerce, or in case of the death of such employee to his or her personal representative...
475. lappuse - Persons holding stock as executors, administrators, guardians, or trustees shall not be personally subject to any liabilities as stockholders; but the estates and funds in their hands shall be liable in like manner and to the same extent as the testator, intestate, ward, or person interested in such trust funds would be if living and competent to act and hold the stock in his own name.
468. lappuse - ... resulting in whole or in part from the negligence of any of the officers, agents, or employees of such carrier, or by reason of any defect or insufficiency, due to its negligence, in its cars, engines, appliances, machinery, track, roadbed, works, boats, wharves, or other equipment.
325. lappuse - It is well settled that one who is the general servant of another may foe lent or hired by his master to another for some special service, so as to become, as to that service, the servant of such third party.
325. lappuse - Servants who are employed and paid by one person may, nevertheless, be ad hoc the servants of another in a particular transaction, and that, too, when their general employer is interested in the work.
21. lappuse - Tf a person kill another in self-defense, it must appear that the danger was so urgent and pressing that in order to save his own life, or to prevent his receiving great bodily harm, the killing of the other was absolutely necessary ; and it must appear also that the person killed was the assailant, or that the slayer had really and in good faith endeavored to decline any further struggle before the mortal blow was given.
459. lappuse - State whose line or lines are over fifty miles in length engaged in hauling a freight train consisting of twenty-five cars or more, to equip the same with a crew consisting of not less than an engineer, a fireman, a conductor, and three brakemen...