Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Abbot acrostic addressed alluded ANNIS Anno appears ASTRA ATQVE Austria bears Bishop British Museum CAROLUS Charles CHRISTI chronogrammatic chronograms church collection commences composed concludes contains Continued copy Count couplet curious death decorations described DEVs died Duke ECCE Emperor engraving epigrams epitaph examples extracts FELIX figures France FVIT German give GLORIA HÆC hexameter and pentameter honour Hungary inscribed inscription IPSE Italy John Joseph King language Latin Leopold letters lines Maria marked meaning medal mentioned mors NOBIS notice NVNC original PATRIÆ persons poems possession POST present Prince PRINCEPS printed probably QVÆ QVOD rare recorded REGI relating represents saints SVNT TIBI title-page town tract UNIVERSITY verses VIRGINIS VIVAT volume writer
151. lappuse - Jews ; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To...
41. lappuse - Invitatio Domini Jesu, et Virginis Mariae ad nuptias illustrissimorum comitum : Ex S. Joan. ii. 1. 2. Nuptiae factae sunt in Cana, Galilaeae, et erat Mater Jesu ibi. Vocatus est autem et Jesus et discipuli ejus ad nuptias.' A long hymn of invitation in Latin, with a version also in Greek, is appended, signed, ' Haec vota faciebat Joannes Merten, Signensis Humanista.
168. lappuse - Creed, this Confession of our Christian Faith, commonly called The Creed of Saint Athanasius, by the Minister and people standing.
15. lappuse - A Thankfull Remembrance of God's Mercy. IN AN HISTORICALL COLLECTION OF THE GREAT AND MERCIFULL DELIVERANCES OF THE CHURCH AND STATE OF ENGLAND, since the Gospel beganne here to flourish, from the beginning of Queene Elizabeth.
168. lappuse - Fides autem catholica haec est, ut unum Deum in Trinitate, et Trinitatem in unitate veneremur...
58. lappuse - A£frI«»,ri/!31a, which was printed at Wittemberg in 1599. A very quaint and unusual method of dating the title-page is where the author's name is also a chronogram of the date, while no date is given in figures. A book has this title : ' Hugo Grotius, his Sophompaneas, or Joseph, a Tragedy, with Annotations by FRANCIS GOLDSMlTH.
19. lappuse - I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God!
143. lappuse - May 21, 1519 : in which he discovers an inclination for matrimony, and expresses himself somewhat loosely on that subject. Believing Luther's cause a very good one, he joined in it with great warmth; and published Leo the Xth's bull against Luther in 1520, with interlineary and marginal glosses, in which that pope was made an object of the strongest ridicule. The freedom with which he wrote against the irregularities and disorders of the court of Rome, exasperated Leo in the highest degree; and induced...
168. lappuse - Quicumque vult salvus esse, ante omnia opus est, ut teneat catholicam fidem, quam nisi quisque integram inviolatamque servaverit, absque dubio in aeternum peribit.