Public Works for Water and Power Development and Atomic Energy Commission Appropriations for Fiscal Year 1972: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, United States Senate, Ninety-second Congress, First Session ...
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1971
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
acres additional Administration Allocation amount APPROPRIATION authorized balance basin Beach benefits bridge budget budgetary reserve Camm capacity caused Chairman ELLENDER channel Complete Congress consider construction Continue contract Contribution cooperation Corps County Creek damages DATA Date District Engineering and Design environmental estimated cost Estimated Federal Cost existing facilities Federal cost estimate feet fiscal year 1972 fish Flood Control follows FREE funds Harbor improvements increase industrial initial interests June 30 justification KELLEY Lake land levee located lock maintenance major Michigan miles million Missouri MORRIS navigation Non-Federal Cost North operation percent period placed planning present price levels problems RATIO record recreation Region Reimbursement Relocations requested reservoir result River River Basin roads salary scheduled Senator STENNIS South STATUS storage submitted survey Total Estimated tributary units water supply wildlife
7. lappuse - Nation for the benefit of present and future generations; (3) to enhance, maintain, and restore the natural and manmade environment in terms of its productivity, variety, spaciousness, beauty, and other measures of quality; and (4) to create new opportunities for the American people to use and enjoy their environment.
7. lappuse - To enhance, maintain, and restore the natural and man-made environment in terms of its productivity, variety, spaciousness, beauty, and other measures of quality. d. To create new opportunities for the American people to use and enjoy their environment. GUIDELINES Our objectives can be translated into guidelines governing the Corps of Engineers
40. lappuse - Real property shall be appraised before the initiation of negotiations, and the owner or his designated representative shall be given an opportunity to accompany the appraiser during his inspection of the property.
40. lappuse - The head of the Federal agency concerned shall provide the owner of real property to be acquired with a written statement of, and summary of the basis for, the amount he established as just compensation.
7. lappuse - With respect to protection of navigation, changes in our procedures have resulted from the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 and the Water Quality Improvement Act of 1970.
976. lappuse - Water , Resources Council. The council's proposed review report was distributed in August 1970. A final meeting of the ad hoc coordinating committee for the Ohio River Basin Comprehensive Survey was held on October 19, 1970 and the ad hoc committee dissolved. The Ohio River Basin Commission was established on January 13, 1971 by Executive order under the provisions of title II of the Water Resources Planning Act of 1965 (Public Law 89-80) and is now being organized. For the first time, a completed...
71. lappuse - A new policy narrowing the function of harbor lines. The new regulations make it clear that harbor lines are merely guidelines for determining, with respect to the impact on navigation interests alone, the offshore limits of construction. Persons wishing to undertake work in navigable waters shoreward of harbor lines are now required to apply to the Corps for work permits. The previous regulations allowed riparian owners to erect open pile structures or to undertake solid fill construction...
611. lappuse - ... hearings, and it will be submitted to you. We will see it through. SUBCOMMITTEE RECESS Senator PROXMIRE. Thank you very much. The meeting will stand recessed until 2 pm on Thursday, afternoon, when we will begin with operating expenses in the public safety appropriations. (Whereupon, at 1 :15 pm, Tuesday, March 17, the subcommittee was recessed to reconvene at 2 pm, Thursday, March 19.) DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA APPROPRIATIONS FOR FISCAL YEAR 1971 THURSDAY...