Federal Aviation Act: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, House of Representatives, Eighty-fifth Congress, Second Session, on H.R. 12616 ... June 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, July 1, 2, 8, and 24, 1958
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, United States. Congress. House. Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce. Subcommittee on Transportation and Communications
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1958 - 361 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
accident action activities additional Administrator air traffic control aircraft airlines airports airspace amended appeal areas Association authority believe bill certificate Chairman changes Civil Aeronautics Board civilian Commerce committee concerned Congress consideration considered create decision Defense Department Department of Defense direct economic effect emergency established existing facilities fact Federal Aviation Agency feel field flight flying FLYNT follows Force functions give given going Government hearing important independent inserting interest involved issue legislation matter ment military navigation necessary objective officer operations person personnel pilot position possible present President problem procedures proposed QUESADA question reason recommended record reference regulations Representatives respect responsibility ROBERTS ROGERS rulemaking rules safety SPRINGER statement striking suggested Thank thereof thing tion transfer transportation United views YOUNGER
128. lappuse - The regulation of air transportation in such manner as to recognize and preserve the inherent advantages of, assure the highest degree of safety in, and foster sound economic conditions in such transportation, and to improve the relations between, and coordinate transportation by air carriers...
332. lappuse - This report shall contain such information and data collected by the Commission as may be considered of value in the determination of questions connected with the regulation of commerce, together with such recommendations as to additional legislation relating thereto as the Commission may deem necessary; and the names and compensation of the persons employed by said Commission.
15. lappuse - Commission, it shall be the duty of any district attorney of the United States to whom the Commission may apply to institute in the proper court and to prosecute under the direction of the Attorney General of the United States...
227. lappuse - Airport" means any area of land or water which is used, or intended for use, for the landing and take-off of aircraft, and any appurtenant areas which are used, or intended for use, for airport buildings or other airport facilities or rights-of-way, together with all airport buildings and facilities located thereon. (3) "Airport development...
14. lappuse - Authority, which designation may from time to time be changed by like writing similarly filed.
6. lappuse - AUTHORIZATION OF EXPENDITURES AND TRAVEL General Authority SEC. 203. (a) The Board is empowered to make such expenditures at the seat of government and elsewhere as may be necessary for the exercise and performance of the powers and duties vested in and imposed upon the Board by law, and as from time to time may be appropriated for by Congress...
13. lappuse - In determining the amount of such penalty, or the amount agreed upon in compromise, the appropriateness of such penalty to the size of the business of the person charged and the gravity of the violation shall be considered. The amount of such penalty, when finally determined, or the amount agreed upon in compromise, may be deducted from any sums owing by the United States to the person charged.
41. lappuse - Neither said report nor any report of said investigation nor any part thereof shall be admitted as evidence or used for any purpose in any suit or action for damages growing out of any matter mentioned in said report or investigation.
14. lappuse - Institute an inquiry, on its own motion, in any case and as to any matter or thing concerning which a complaint is authorized to be made, to or before said commission by any provision of this act, or concerning which any question may arise under any of the provisions of this act, or relating to the enforcement of any of the provisions of this act.