Compilation of Certain Railroads Laws Within the Jurisdiction of the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, Including Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973, Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976, Part 1 of the Interstate Commerce Act, Rail Passenger Service Act, Federal Railroad Safety Act of 1970, Railway Labor Act, Railroad Retirement Act, Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act, Related Materials: Prepared for the Use of the House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1977 - 570 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance action additional agency agreement amended amount annuity application appropriate approved assistance Association authorized benefits Board certificate charges Commission common carrier compensation Congress continuation Corporation costs court decision deemed designated determined direct Directors district division duty effect employee employment enactment entered entitled established facilities Federal filed final system plan finds Fund hearing increased individual interest Interstate Commerce issued lease means ment modification month necessary notice obligations Office operating otherwise paid paragraph party payment period person prescribed prior proceeding proposed protected provisions pursuant pursuant to section rail passenger rail properties rail service railroad railroad in reorganization reasonable receive records referred region regulations representatives respect rules Secretary Security Act Social Security standards Stat subdivision submit subsection term thereof tion transaction transfer transportation United unless
286. lappuse - Any person may be compelled to appear and depose, and to produce documentary evidence, in the same manner as witnesses may be compelled to appear and testify and produce documentary evidence before the Commission, as hereinbefore provided.
70. lappuse - We recommend that the bill be revised to include language similar to the following : "(a) Each recipient of assistance under this Act pursuant to grants or contracts entered into under other than competitive bidding procedures shall keep such records as the Secretary shall prescribe, including records which fully disclose the amount and disposition by such recipient of the proceeds of such assistance, the total cost of the project or undertaking in connection with which such assistance is given or...
305. lappuse - Commission shall give due consideration, among other factors, to the effect of rates on the movement of traffic by the carrier or carriers for which the rates are prescribed; to the need, in the public interest, of adequate and efficient railway transportation service at the lowest cost consistent with the furnishing of such service, and to the need of revenues sufficient to enable the carriers, under honest, economical, and efficient management to provide such service.
283. lappuse - President; but their successors shall be appointed for terms of six years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the Commissioner whom he shall succeed.
249. lappuse - That if any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act shall, directly or indirectly, by any special rate, rebate, drawback, or other device, charge, demand, collect or receive from any person or persons a greater or less compensation...
241. lappuse - States a civil penalty of not more than $5,000 for each violation, which shall accrue to the United States and may be recovered in a civil action brought by the United States.
234. lappuse - Provided, That this provision shall not be construed to prohibit the interchange of passes for the officers, agents, and employees of common carriers and their families; nor to prohibit any common carrier from carrying passengers free with the object of providing relief in cases of general epidemic, pestilence, or other calamitous visitation.
249. lappuse - ... demands, collects or receives from any other person or persons for doing for him or them a like and contemporaneous service in the transportation of a like kind of traffic under substantially similar circumstances and conditions, such common carrier shall be deemed guilty of unjust discrimination, which is hereby prohibited and declared to be unlawful.
284. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the various district attorneys, under the direction of the Attorney General of the United States, to prosecute for the recovery of forfeitures.
147. lappuse - Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations to be issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act...