Compilation of Certain Railroads Laws Within the Jurisdiction of the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, Including Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973, Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976, Part 1 of the Interstate Commerce Act, Rail Passenger Service Act, Federal Railroad Safety Act of 1970, Railway Labor Act, Railroad Retirement Act, Railroad Unemployment Insurance Act, Related Materials: Prepared for the Use of the House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1977 - 570 lappuses
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
54 Stat accordance action agency agreement amended amount application appropriate approved arbitration Association August 9 authorized calendar carrier by railroad centum Commission common carrier compensation Congress costs date of enactment December 31 deemed designated determined Directors discontinuance duty effect employee employment entitled facilities Federal filed final system plan freight Fund individual Interstate Commerce Act Interstate Commerce Commission issued lease Mediation Board ment month National Railroad Passenger necessary obligations Office operating paid paragraph party payment period person preferred stock prescribed prior proceeding profitable railroad provisions of section purposes pursuant to section rail passenger service rail properties railroad in reorganization Railroad Passenger Corporation Railroad Retirement railroad subject Railway Labor Act reasonable region Regional Rail regulations respect rules Secretary section 2(a section 303 Social Security Act special court suant subdivision terms and conditions tion transfer transportation United United States Code
286. lappuse - Any person may be compelled to appear and depose, and to produce documentary evidence, in the same manner as witnesses may be compelled to appear and testify and produce documentary evidence before the Commission, as hereinbefore provided.
70. lappuse - We recommend that the bill be revised to include language similar to the following : "(a) Each recipient of assistance under this Act pursuant to grants or contracts entered into under other than competitive bidding procedures shall keep such records as the Secretary shall prescribe, including records which fully disclose the amount and disposition by such recipient of the proceeds of such assistance, the total cost of the project or undertaking in connection with which such assistance is given or...
305. lappuse - Commission shall give due consideration, among other factors, to the effect of rates on the movement of traffic by the carrier or carriers for which the rates are prescribed; to the need, in the public interest, of adequate and efficient railway transportation service at the lowest cost consistent with the furnishing of such service, and to the need of revenues sufficient to enable the carriers, under honest, economical, and efficient management to provide such service.
283. lappuse - President; but their successors shall be appointed for terms of six years, except that any person chosen to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the unexpired term of the Commissioner whom he shall succeed.
249. lappuse - That if any common carrier subject to the provisions of this act shall, directly or indirectly, by any special rate, rebate, drawback, or other device, charge, demand, collect or receive from any person or persons a greater or less compensation...
241. lappuse - States a civil penalty of not more than $5,000 for each violation, which shall accrue to the United States and may be recovered in a civil action brought by the United States.
234. lappuse - Provided, That this provision shall not be construed to prohibit the interchange of passes for the officers, agents, and employees of common carriers and their families; nor to prohibit any common carrier from carrying passengers free with the object of providing relief in cases of general epidemic, pestilence, or other calamitous visitation.
249. lappuse - ... demands, collects or receives from any other person or persons for doing for him or them a like and contemporaneous service in the transportation of a like kind of traffic under substantially similar circumstances and conditions, such common carrier shall be deemed guilty of unjust discrimination, which is hereby prohibited and declared to be unlawful.
284. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the various district attorneys, under the direction of the Attorney General of the United States, to prosecute for the recovery of forfeitures.
147. lappuse - Secretary of the Treasury is authorized and directed to purchase any notes and other obligations to be issued hereunder and for such purpose he is authorized to use as a public debt transaction the proceeds from the sale of any securities issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act...