Indexed Legislative History of the Crime Control Act of 1973
Office of General Counsel, Law Enforcement Assistance Administration, 1973 - 347 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
accordance action activities addition Administration adopt agreed allocated amendment amount application appropriate approved areas assistance assure Attorney authorized basis believe bill carry centum Chairman cities civil combinations committee comprehensive conference Congress contained continue coordination correctional cost court crime criminal justice delinquency Department designed determine direct effective efforts enforcement and criminal established evaluation existing facilities Federal finds fiscal functions funds grams grant hearings House improve Institute law enforcement LEAA legislation limited local government match means meet ment necessary needs officer operation organizations paragraph percent personnel persons planning agency police President prevention problems procedures program or project programs projects proposals pursuant reason receive records regional relating remain representatives request require respect Safe Senate share Streets strengthen subsection thereof tion units yield
47. lappuse - In compliance with clause 3 of rule XIII of the Rules of the House of Representatives, changes in existing law made by the bill, as reported are shown as follows (existing law proposed to be omitted is enclosed in black brackets, new matter is printed in italic, existing law in which no change is proposed is shown in roman) : ACT OF OCTOBER 18, 1968 (82 STAT.
196. lappuse - We recommend that the bill be revised to include language similar to the following : "(a) Each recipient of assistance under this Act pursuant to grants or contracts entered into under other than competitive bidding procedures shall keep such records as the Secretary shall prescribe, including records which fully disclose the amount and disposition by such recipient of the proceeds of such assistance, the total cost of the project or undertaking in connection with which such assistance is given or...
27. lappuse - ... the court the record of the further proceedings. Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive if supported by substantial evidence.
279. lappuse - Act shall be applicable with respect to any personnel so detailed. "(c) Payments under grants made under this Act may be made in installments, and in advance or by way of reimbursement, as may be determined by the Secretary. "DEFINITIONS "SEC. 10. When used in this Act "(a) The term 'Secretary' means the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare. "(b) The term 'air pollution control agency...
284. lappuse - ... to the effect that the Comptroller General of the United States or any of his duly authorized representatives shall, until the expiration of three years after final payment...
288. lappuse - unit of general local government" means any city, county, township, town, borough, parish, village, or other general purpose political subdivision of a State, an Indian tribe which performs law enforcement functions as determined by the Secretary of the Interior, or, for the purpose of...
287. lappuse - (2) maintained by an agency or component thereof which performs as its principal function any activity pertaining to the enforcement of criminal laws, including police efforts to prevent, control, or reduce crime or to apprehend criminals, and the activities of prosecutors, courts, correctional, probation, pardon, or parole authorities...
178. lappuse - Federal funds made available under this title for any fiscal year will be so used as to supplement and, to the extent practical, increase the level of funds that would, in the absence of such Federal funds...
336. lappuse - THE MANAGERS ON THE PART OF THE HOUSE The managers on the part of the House at the conference on the disagreeing votes of the two Houses on the amendment of the Senate to the bill (HR 5856) to provide for the amendment of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938, and for other purposes...
196. lappuse - Copies of census reports which have been so retained shall be immune from legal process, and shall not, without the consent of the individual or establishment concerned, be admitted as evidence or used for any purpose in any action, suit, or other judicial or administrative proceeding.