Departments of Labor and Health, Education, and Welfare Appropriations for 1979: Hearings Before a Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House of Representatives, Ninety-fifth Congress, Second Session
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Appropriations Subcommittee on the Departments of Labor and Health, Education, and Welfare, United States. Congress. House. Committee on Appropriations. Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, and Health, Education, and Welfare, and Related Agencies
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1978
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
ACTION activities additional Administration Agency American amount annum appropriation areas Associate authority benefits Board BROWN budget Committee continue contract Corporation Corps costs Counsel decisions demonstration designed direct Director economic Education effective efforts employees employment energy Estimate evaluation expenses Federal field Finance fiscal fiscal year 1979 FLOOD follows funds going grants groups housing improve income increase involved issues labor major mediation meet MICHEL million needs Office older OLIVAREZ Operations opportunity organizations participation Peace percent personnel persons plans positions present problems production projects proposed public broadcasting question radio Railroad received record recruitment Regional representatives request Research responsibility result Retirement RSVP salary Senior serve Service staff stations technical assistance tion Title VISTA volunteers
116. lappuse - The purpose of this part is to assist migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families to improve their living conditions and develop skills necessary for a productive and self-sufficient life in an increasingly complex and technological society.
785. lappuse - Provided, that no part of this appropriation shall be available to organize or assist in organizing agricultural laborers or used in connection with investigations, hearings, directives, or orders concerning bargaining units composed of agricultural laborers as referred to in section 2(3) of the Act of July 5, 1935 (29 USC 152), and as amended by the Labor-Management Relations Act, 1947, as amended, and as defined in section 3(f) of the Act of June 25, 1938 (29 USC 203...
87. lappuse - Its basic purpose is to stimulate a better focusing of all available local, State, private, and Federal resources upon the goal of enabling low-income families, and low-income individuals of all ages, in rural and urban areas, to attain the skills, knowledge, and motivations and secure the opportunities needed for them to become fully self-sufficient.
372. lappuse - ACTION was transferred from the Office of Economic Opportunity, the Department of Health, Education and Welfare, the Small Business Administration, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
147. lappuse - Hughes' successful Senate campaign in Iowa. In December, 1968, he was a consultant to the Peace Corps, traveling to India and Nepal. During the next six months, he was a fellow of the Institute of Politics of the John F. Kennedy School of Government of Harvard University. Brown founded, coordinated and led the Vietnam Moratorium in Washington, DC in 1969. The following year, he moved to Denver, Colo, in 1972, he was a prime organizer of the Citizens for Colorado's Future, a citizens group which successfully...
651. lappuse - In order to prevent or minimize interruptions of the free flow of commerce growing out of labor disputes...
907. lappuse - A resolution shall be referred to the Committee on Ways and Means and the Committee on Education and Labor of the House of Representatives and to the Committee on Finance and the Committee on Labor and Human Resources of the Senate.
1022. lappuse - Air Force; the Sergeant Major of the Army; and the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force. Subject to approval by the Secretary of the Army and the Secretary of the Air Force, the Board has authority to establish regulations for the internal direction of the Home. The...
973. lappuse - To eventually provide every individual in the United States with equal opportunity of access to that part of the total information resource which will satisfy the individual's educational, working, cultural and leisure-time needs and interests, regardless of the individual's location, social or physical condition or level of intellectual...
997. lappuse - National Commission on Libraries and Information Science Act". STATEMENT OF POLICY SEC. 2. The Congress hereby affirms that library and information services adequate to meet the needs of the people of the United States are essential to achieve national goals and to utilize most effectively the Nation's educational resources and that the Federal Government will cooperate with State and local governments and public and private agencies in assuring optimum provision of such services.