Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
action adverse possession affirmed alleged amended amount answer appeal application approved assessment Atlantic and Pacific authority bill carrier cause charge Circuit Court claim Commission common complainant conclusive Congress considered Constitution construction contract decided decision decree defendant definite location delivered Department designated determined direct District duty effect entered entitled error evidence existed fact filed finding follows former give given Government governor grant ground held interest issue judge judgment jurisdiction jury JUSTICE lands limits maps March matter ment Opinion owner Pacific Railroad Company paid parties passed payment person petition plaintiff possession present proceedings question Railway rates reason received record referred respect River road route rule Southern Pacific Stat Statement statute sufficient suit Supreme Court taken Territory thereof tion United validity vessel witness
152. lappuse - ... keep itself informed as to the manner and method in which the same is conducted, and shall have the right to obtain from such common carriers full and complete information necessary to enable the Commission to perform the duties and carry out the objects for which it was created...
446. lappuse - ... in every such action the jury may give such damages as they may think proportioned to the injury resulting from such death to the parties respectively for whom and for whose benefit such action shall be brought...
114. lappuse - That if the owner of any vessel transporting merchandise or property to or from any port in the United States of America shall exercise due diligence to make the said vessel in all respects seaworthy and properly manned, equipped, and supplied...
623. lappuse - ... the practice, pleadings, and forms and modes of proceeding existing at the time in like causes in the courts of record of the state within which such circuit or district courts are held, any rule of court to the contrary notwithstanding,
750. lappuse - The general principle announced in numerous cases is that a right, question or fact distinctly put in issue and directly determined by a court of competent jurisdiction, as a ground of recovery, cannot be disputed in a subsequent suit between, the same parties or their privies...
153. lappuse - ... may apply to said Commission by petition, which shall briefly state the facts; whereupon a statement of the charges thus made shall be forwarded by the Commission to such common carrier, who shall be called upon to satisfy the complaint or to answer the same in 'writing within' a reasonable time, to be specified by the Commission.
152. lappuse - That it shall be unlawful for any common carrier subject to the provisions of this Act to charge or receive any greater compensation in the aggregate for the transportation of passengers or of like kind of property, under substantially similar circumstances and conditions, for a shorter than for a longer distance over the same line, in the same direction, the shorter being included within the longer distance...
419. lappuse - In narrow channels every steam vessel shall, when it is safe and practicable, keep to that side of the fairway or mid-channel which lies on the starboard side of such vessel.