War Department Civil Appropriation Bill, 1939: Hearings Before the Subcommittee, Seventy-fifth Congress, Third Session, on H. R. 10291, Bill Making Appropriations for the War Department Civil Functions for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 1939, and for Other Purposes
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1938 - 80 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
activities additional Administration agencies amendment amount appropriation approved Army assistant authorized believe bill Budget building Bureau Captain carry Chairman Colonel CHAFFEE committee complete Congress consideration construction continue Corps cost course CRAIG Department duty employees employment engines established estimate expenditures expenses fact Federal field figures fiscal funds give Government Harbor HOPKINS House included increase interest land language matter mean ment military months necessary officers operation organization percent personnel persons present projects question received record referred relief represent Reserve officers River schools Secretary Secretary Ickes Senator Adams Senator BYRNES Senator COPELAND Senator HAYDEN Senator McAdoo Senator MCKELLAR Senator OVERTON Senator RUSSELL Senator TOWNSEND statement thing tion Treasury understand United War Department Washington
4. lappuse - The purposes for which obligations of the United States may be issued under the Second Liberty Bond Act, as amended, are extended to authorize the issuance at par of special obligations exclusively to the Fund.
4. lappuse - Such special obligations shall bear interest at a rate equal to the average rate of interest, computed as of the end of the calendar month next preceding the date of such issue, borne by all interest-bearing obligations of the United States then forming part of the public debt...
315. lappuse - The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
130. lappuse - Hence, of necessity, usages have been established in every department of the government, which have become a kind of common law, and regulate the rights and duties of those who act within their respective limits.
74. lappuse - President's program to grant a pay increase to the personnel of the Army, the Navy, the Marine Corps, and the Coast Guard :it...
9. lappuse - This authorization usually is in accordance with the recommendations of the Chief of Engineers and the Board of Engineers for Rivers and Harbors in a report on the need and justification of the proposed improvement.
1. lappuse - SEC. 302. (a) The Board shall from time to time certify to the Secretary of the Treasury for payment to each State which has an unemployment compensation law approved by the Board under Title IX, such amounts as the Board determines to be necessary for the proper administration of such law during the fiscal year in which such payment is to be made.
311. lappuse - The price at which additional copies of Government publications are offered for sale to the public by the Superintendent of Documents shall be based on the cost as determined by the Public Printer plus 50 percent.
1. lappuse - Board for such prior quarter. (3) The Secretary of the Treasury shall thereupon, through the Division of Disbursement of the Treasury Department and prior to audit or settlement by the General Accounting Office, pay to the State, at the time or times fixed by the Board, the amount so certified.