Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
amendment American answer become believe better bill brought carrying CHAIRMAN citizen closed coming committee Congress Constitution continue contract correct course Court decision definitely denied effect employ employer employment enforce fact Federal force FRANKS freedom give Government happen hearings individual industry instance interest interfere issue join labor organization labor unions leaders legislation LESINSKI living MacKINNON MADDEN matter mean MILLE mind monopoly necessary objection operation opinion OWENS particular passed percent permit person picket line plant position practice prevent protect provision question railroad reason referring representing restrictions RICHBERG right-to-work Senator situation statement strike suggest Taft-Hartley Taft-Hartley Act taken tell Thank thing thought tion true trying understand United violation violence wages wish workers
3. lappuse - It requires no argument to show that the right to work for a living in the common occupations of the community is of the very essence of the personal freedom and opportunity that it was the purpose of the Amendment to secure.
3. lappuse - The liberty mentioned in that amendment means not only the right of the citizen to be free from the mere physical restraint of his person, as by incarceration, but the term is deemed to embrace the right of the citizen to be free in the enjoyment of all his faculties ; to be free to use them in all lawful ways ; to live and work where he will ; to earn his livelihood by any lawful calling ; to pursue any livelihood or avocation...
3. lappuse - While this Court has not attempted to define with exactness the liberty thus guaranteed, the term has received much consideration and some of the included things have been definitely stated. Without doubt, it denotes not merely freedom from bodily restraint but also the right of the individual to contract, to engage in any of the common occupations of life...
35. lappuse - If any provision of this Act, or the application of such provision to any person or circumstance, shall be held invalid, the remainder of this Act, or the application of such provision to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid, shall not be affected thereby.
34. lappuse - No person shall be denied employment because of membership in or affiliation with, or resignation or expulsion from a labor organization or because of refusal to Join or affiliate with a labor organization; nor shall any Individual or corporation or association of any kind enter Into any contract, written or oral, to exclude persons from employment because of membership in or non-membership in a labor organization.
3. lappuse - Without doubt, it denotes not merely freedom from bodily restraint but also the right of the individual to contract, to engage in any of the common occupations of life, to acquire useful knowledge, to marry, establish a home and bring up children, to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience, and generally to enjoy those privileges long recognized at common law as essential to the orderly pursuit of happiness by free men.