Communications Satellite Act of 1962: Hearings Before the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Senate, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, on H. R. 11040, an Act for the Establishment, Ownership, Operation, and Regulation of a Commercial Communications Satellite System, and for Other Purposes
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 456 lappuses
Considers H.R. 11040, the Communications Satellite Act of 1962, to develop an international satellite communications system, either through private or public means.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
administration agency agree agreement amendment American answer areas authority basis believe bill carriers carry Chairman COHEN Commission committee communications satellite system communications system companies concerned Congress corporation correct cost course Defense Department direct directors DRYDEN effect establishment existing facilities fact field follow foreign policy give going Government ground hearings important interest involved legislation LIBRARY matter means meet ment Minow monopoly MURROW needs negotiations operation orbit ownership position possible present President problem proposed question rates reason record referred regard require respect responsibility satellite communications Secretary McNAMARA Secretary Rusk seems Senator GORE Senator LAUSCHE Senator Long Senator MORSE Senator SPARKMAN Senator SYMINGTON Senator WILEY space statement stations suggest telephone television testimony thing tion true understand United witnesses
81. lappuse - For the purpose of regulating interstate and foreign commerce in communication by wire and radio so as to make available, so far as possible, to all the people of the United States a rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication service with adequate facilities at reasonable charges...
453. lappuse - Many forms of conduct permissible in a workaday world for those acting at arm's length, are forbidden to those bound by fiduciary ties. A trustee is held to something stricter than the morals of the market place. Not honesty alone, but the punctilio of an honor the most sensitive, is then the standard of behavior.
422. lappuse - All this may seem plausible : but the best that can be said for it is, that it is an hypothesis that saves some difficulties; but there is no sort of proofs to make it appear to be true.
22. lappuse - That no such authorization or order shall be made unless the Commission finds, as to such extension, that it is reasonably required in the interest of public convenience and necessity, or as to such extension or facilities that the expense involved therein will not impair the ability of the carrier to perform its duty to the public.
7. lappuse - Communications Satellite Act of 1962". DECLARATION OF POLICY AND PURPOSE SEC. 102. (a) The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of the United states to establish, in conjunction and in cooperation with other countries, as expeditiously as practicable a commercial communications satellite system, as part of an improved global communications network...
173. lappuse - In effectuating this program, care and attention will be directed toward providing such services to economically less developed countries and areas as well as those more highly developed, toward efficient and economical use of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum, and toward the reflection of the benefits of this new technology in both quality of services and charges for such services.
10. lappuse - The corporation shall be subject to the provisions of this Act and, to the extent consistent with this Act, to the District of Columbia Business Corporation Act.
300. lappuse - Act to preclude the use of the communications satellite system for domestic communication services where consistent with the provisions of this Act nor to preclude the creation of additional communications satellite systems, if required to meet unique governmental needs or if otherwise required in the national interest. DEFINITIONS Sec. 103. As used in this Act, and unless the context otherwise requires 1. the term "communications satellite system...
209. lappuse - Act; (4) exercise such supervision over relationships of the corporation with foreign governments or entities or with international bodies as may be appropriate to assure that such relationships shall be consistent with the national interest and foreign policy of the United States...