The Older Americans Act: A New York Perspective : Hearing Before the Human Services of the Select Committee on Aging, House of Representatives, Ninety-seventh Congress, First Session, February 23, 1981, Albany, N.Y.
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1981 - 93 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able activities additional Administration aging services Albany allow amendments appropriate area agencies assistance authority believe benefits Biaggi block grant budget centers changes City Commissioner Committee concerned Congress Congressman consolidation continue coordinate cost County cuts delivery Department direct Director discrimination effective efforts elderly employment existing fact Federal feel funding Government hearing Human III-b impact important increased individual issues legal services legislation live MARR meals million nutrition Office Older Americans Act older persons operations opportunity particularly percent persons planning population position prepared present President problems programs protection question reauthorization received recommend regulations represent responsibility result senior citizens Senior Service Centers serve service programs social social services specific staff STATEMENT suggest Thank Title transportation White House York
69. lappuse - The Congress hereby finds and declares that, in keeping with the traditional American concept of the inherent dignity of the individual in our democratic society, the older people of our Nation are entitled to, and it is the joint and several duty and responsibility of the governments of the United States and of the several States and their political subdivisions to assist our older people to secure equal opportunity to the full and free enjoyment of the following objectives: (1) An adequate income...
12. lappuse - Is a member of the faculty of the State University of New York at Albany where he teaches urban and regional planning courses In the Department of Geography.
27. lappuse - Act of l975 directs the US Commission on Civil Rights to conduct a study of unreasonable discrimination on the basis of age in the administration of programs or activities receiving Federal financial assistance. The attached report is submitted to the President and the Congress in compliance with this directive.
12. lappuse - All of us are very pleased to be able to assist the Subcommittee on Human Services of the Select Committee on Aging of the House of Representatives in their quest for testimony pertinent to the reauthorization of the Older Americans Act.
73. lappuse - Counsel for the American Association of Retired Persons and the National Retired Teachers Association.
67. lappuse - With funds made available to us under the Older Americans Act, through the New York State Office for the Aging...
15. lappuse - The federal Administration on Aging (AoA) is the principal federal organization for identifying the needs, concerns, and interests of older persons and for carrying out the programs of the Older Americans Act. AoA is also the principal agency for promoting the coordination of federal resources available to meet the needs of older persons.
26. lappuse - In community after community regret is expressed over the failure to pool the resources and services that are available for older persons and to focus them in such a manner as to make a significant impact on the lives of these persons.