Assessment of Space Communications Technology: Hearings, Ninety-first Congress, First Session, 2. sējums
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Science and Astronautics. Subcommittee on Space Science and Applications
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1970 - 249 lappuses
Committee Serial No. 12. Reviews past accomplishments, present programs, and feasibility of future NASA communications satellite programs.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
addition administration agencies Alaska applications arrangements assistance authority basis benefits broadcast capacity carriers Chairman CHARYK circuits committee Communications Satellite communications system COMSAT CONGRESS continue cost countries course direct Director domestic satellite early earth stations economic effect equipment established Executive existing experiment facilities fact Federal future global going Government ground HAWKINS important improved India initial INTELSAT interest involved KARTH launch LIBRARY Management meeting ment million MOSHER move munications NASA needs Office operation opportunity organization PETTIS position possible potential present President problem proposal question radio received record representatives requirements responsibility result satellite communications satellite system Senator GRAVEL serve space statement SYMINGTON talking technical telecommunications telephone television terrestrial Thank things tions transmission United users utilization
75. lappuse - United states to establish, in conjunction and in cooperation with other countries, as expeditiously as practicable a commercial communications satellite system, as part of an improved global communications network, which will be responsive to public needs and national objectives, which will serve the communication needs of the United States and other countries, and which will contribute to world peace and understanding.
75. lappuse - In order to facilitate this development and to provide for the widest possible participation by private enterprise, United States participation in the global system shall be in the form of a private corporation, subject to appropriate governmental regulation.
58. lappuse - States is engaged, the President is authorized, if he finds it necessary for the national defense and security, to direct that such communications as in his judgment may be essential to the national defense and security shall have preference or priority with any carrier subject to this Act.
59. lappuse - Upon proclamation by the President that there exists -war or a threat of war or a state of public peril or disaster or other national emergency, or in order to preserve the neutrality of the United States...
84. lappuse - Believing that communication by means of satellites should be available to the nations of the world as soon as practicable on a global and nondiscriminatory basis, Convinced of the need to prepare the way for the establishment of effective operational satellite communication, 1.
66. lappuse - All executive departments and agencies of the Federal Government are authorized and directed to cooperate with the...
64. lappuse - President shall (1) aid in the planning and development and foster the execution of a national program for the establishment and operation, as expeditiously as possible, of a commercial communications satellite system...
61. lappuse - NCS will be on meeting the most critical needs for communications in national security programs, particularly to overseas areas. As rapidly as is consistent with meeting critical needs, other Government needs will be examined and satisfied, as warranted, in the context of the NCS.
60. lappuse - Commission, (2) cause the closing of any facility or station for wire communication and the removal therefrom of its apparatus and equipment, or (3) authorize the use or control of any such facility or station and its apparatus and equipment by any department of the Government under such regulations as he may prescribe, upon just compensation to the owners.