The Improvement of Educational Quality Act of 1962: Hearings Before the Select Subcommittee on Education of the Committee on Education and Labor, House of Representatives, Eighty-seventh Congress, Second Session, H.R. 10145, Bill to Improve the Quality of Elementary and Secondary Education...
United States. Congress. House. Committee on Education and Labor, United States. Congress. House. Committee on Education and Labor. Select Subcommittee on Education
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1962 - 226 lappuses
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able agencies American areas assistance Association authorized average basic believe better bill Chairman commission Commissioner committee complete concerned cooperative research course demonstration departments districts effective effort elementary and secondary English example experience fact Federal Government feel field Ford Foundation Foundation FULLER funds give going graduate grants high school higher important improve increase institutes instruction interest kind knowledge language learning legislation major materials mathematics matter means meet ment Michigan million Office opportunity organization percent persons possible preparation present problems profession projects proposed PUCINSKI question reason Representatives requirements research and development responsibility salary scholarship school systems secondary schools selected statement summer teachers teaching Thank things THOMPSON tion trying universities
184. lappuse - State which may take and claim the benefit of this act to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts...
5. lappuse - State educational agency" means the State board of education or other agency or officer primarily responsible for the State supervision of public elementary and secondary schools, or, if there Is no such officer or agency, an officer or agency designated by the Governor or by State law...
78. lappuse - to enter into contracts or jointly financed cooperative arrangements with universities and colleges and State educational agencies for the conduct of research, surveys, and demonstrations in the field of education.
200. lappuse - CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF THE UNITED STATES The Chamber of Commerce of the United States recommends that the portion of S.
4. lappuse - Secretary may thereupon make new or modified findings of fact and may modify his previous action, and shall file in the court the record of the further proceedings. Such new or modified findings of fact shall likewise be conclusive...
5. lappuse - local educational agency" means a public board of education or other public authority legally constituted within a State for either administrative control or direction of, or to perform a service function for, public elementary or secondary schools In a city, county, township, school district, or other political subdivision of a State, or...
4. lappuse - State plan not affected by such failure). (c) A State which is dissatisfied with a final action of the Secretary under subsection (a) or (b) may appeal to the United States court of appeals for the circuit in which the State is located, by filing a petition with such court within sixty days after such final action.
208. lappuse - Accredits institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
5. lappuse - The Commissioner is authorized to delegate any of his functions under this Act, except the making of regulations, to any officer or employee of the Office of Education.
4. lappuse - The judgment of the court affirming or setting aside, in whole or in part, any action of the Commissioner shall be final, subject to review by the Supreme Court of the United States upon certiorari or certification as provided in section 1254 of title 28, United States Code.