The works of ... George Horne; to which are prefixed memoirs of his life, studies, and writings, by W. Jones, 3. sējums
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Bieži izmantoti vārdi un frāzes
angels apostle appear become believe blessed body brought called cause charity Christ Christian church comfort concerning consider continue death desire divine duty earth effect enemies eternal evil eyes faith fall Father fear follow friends give given glory Gospel grace hand happiness hath head heart heaven holy honour hope Israel Jesus judgement kind king kingdom less light live Lord manner matter means mind nature never object observed occasion once pass peace perform perhaps person poor prayer present prince principle promises proper reason receive religion repentance rest salvation Scriptures serve sins soul Spirit stand suffer sure taken tempers thee things thou thoughts tion true truth turn unto whole worship
13. lappuse - Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
449. lappuse - And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
iv. lappuse - For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children : That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments...
54. lappuse - Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith ; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
364. lappuse - But will God indeed dwell on the earth ? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee ; how much less this house that I have builded...
198. lappuse - When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
328. lappuse - And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
157. lappuse - And he came by the Spirit into the temple : and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law...
41. lappuse - Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize ? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown ; but we an incorruptible.
515. lappuse - And this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us ; and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.