Health Care for Dependents of Servicemen: Hearings on S. 1245 and S. 2337, Bills to Provide Maternity and Infant Care for Wives and Infants, and Hospital Care for Dependents, of Enlisted Members of the Armed Forces, March 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and April 10, 1952
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1952 - 286 lappuses
Considers legislation to establish aid to states for maternity and infant care for military dependents.
Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
able additional adequate Administrator agencies allowed American amount Angeles approved Armed Forces assistance Association authorized baby basis believe benefits bill Blue Chairman child Children's Bureau clinics committee Congress consideration consultation cost council County course covered delivery Department dependents doctor EMIC enlisted established estimated expenses experience facilities families Federal funds give given Government hospital included increase indicated individual interested legislation living maternity and infant meet military month mother necessary obstetrical operation organizations paid patients pay grade payment percent period personnel physicians possible practice prenatal present problem question reasons received Red Cross regard representatives requests Security Senator LEHMAN servicemen statement TABLE tion United utilized voluntary welfare wife wives women World York
9. lappuse - Each member shall hold office for a term of three years, except that any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term, and...
6. lappuse - ... (5) provide such methods of administration (including methods relating to the establishment and maintenance of personnel standards on a merit basis, except that the Secretary shall exercise no authority with respect to the selection, tenure of office, and compensation of any individual employed in accordance with such methods} as are found by the Secretary to be necessary for the proper and efficient operation of the plan...
9. lappuse - ... vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which his predecessor was appointed shall be appointed for the remainder of such term and except that, of the members first appointed...
7. lappuse - ... per day, and shall also be entitled to receive an allowance for actual and necessary travel and subsistence expenses while so serving away from their places of residence...
8. lappuse - Secretary to be necessary for the proper and efficient operation of the plan; "(6) provide that the State agency will make such reports, in such form and containing such information, as the Secretary may from time to time require, and comply with such provisions as the Secretary may from time to time find necessary to assure the correctness and verification of such reports...
4. lappuse - States $980,000 (in addition to the allotments made under subsection (a), according to the financial need of each State for assistance in carrying out its State plan, as determined by him after taking into consideration the number of live births in such State.
7. lappuse - State plan approved under subsection (a) , finds that (1) the State plan has been so changed that it no longer complies with the provisions of subsection (a), or (2) in the administration of the plan there is a failure to comply substantially with any such provision, the Secretary shall notify such State agency, that no further payments...
4. lappuse - Board for such prior quarter. (3) The Secretary of the Treasury shall thereupon, through the Division of Disbursement of the Treasury Department and prior to audit or settlement by the General Accounting Office, pay to the State, at the time or times fixed by the Board, the amount so certified.