Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
Adams adjourned amendment appointed Assembly Bank bill born Brown Charles Chief Chippewa Clark Clerk Columbia committee Congress constitute continued Court Crawford Croix Crosse Dane David Democrat District Dodge Dodge county Edward elected Falls Farmer Fayette Fond du Lac George Governor Grant Green Green Bay Grey Henry House Iowa Jackson James January Jefferson John Joseph June Kenosha Lake lands Legislature Madison majority Manitowoc March Michigan Milwaukee Monday Monroe motion Names Oshkosh passed person Pierce Point Population Portage Post Office Prairie present President question Racine receiving Representatives resolution Richland River Rock rule Senate session Sheboygan Smith Speaker taken Term third Thomas town United Vernon votes Walworth ward Washington Waukesha Waupaca West whole Winnebago Wisconsin York
42. lappuse - It shall be the duty of the Legislature to provide for the organization of cities and incorporated villages, and to restrict their power of taxation, assessment, borrowing money, contracting debts, and loaning their credit, so as to prevent abuses in assessments and in contracting debt by such municipal corporations...
13. lappuse - ... no law shall be passed to restrain or abridge the liberty of speech or of the press. In all criminal prosecutions or indictments for libels, the truth may be given in evidence to the jury; and if it shall appear to the jury that the matter charged as...
41. lappuse - That all persons shall before conviction be bailable by sufficient sureties, except for capital offenses when the proof is evident or the presumption great.
18. lappuse - ... be subject to any civil process, during the session of the legislature, nor for fifteen days next before the commencement and after the termination of each session.
18. lappuse - Assembly, shall, during the term for which he shall have been elected, be appointed to any civil office of profit under this State, which shall have been created, or the emoluments of which shall have been increased during such term, except such offices as may be filled by elections by the people.
9. lappuse - The electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for president and vice president, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as president, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as vice...
7. lappuse - The conventions of a number of the states having, at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added...
28. lappuse - An act to appropriate the proceeds of the sales of the public lands and to grant pre-emption rights," approved the fourth day of September, one thousand eight hundred and forty-one; and also the five per centum of the net proceeds of the public lands to which the state shall become entitled on her admission into the union (if congress shall consent to such appropriation of the two grants last mentioned) shall be set apart as a separate fund to be called "the school fund...
80. lappuse - If it be received, it cannot be amended afterwards, in the same stage ; because the house has, on a vote, agreed to it in that form. In like manner if it is proposed to amend by striking out a paragraph, the friends of the paragraph...
18. lappuse - No person being a member of Congress or holding any civil or military office under the United States shall be eligible to a seat in the legislature. And if any person shall after his election as a member of the legislature be elected to Congress or be appointed to any office, civil or military, under the government of the United States, his acceptance thereof shall vacate his seat.