Lietotāju komentāri - Rakstīt atsauksmi
Ierastajās vietās neesam atraduši nevienu atsauksmi.
Citi izdevumi - Skatīt visu
appears applied become boats boiler bridge called carriage carried cause centre coal Committee common consider considerable construction correspondent course cylinder direction drawing effect engine equal experiments fact feet fire force four give given greater half hand head horses hour House important improvements inches increase invention iron knowledge leave less letter light locomotive London machine Magazine matter means Mechanics ment miles minutes months motion move nature never notice object observed opinion pass persons pipe practical present principle produced quantity question readers reason received remarks respect river road round side Society speed steam sufficient suppose taken thing tide tion turn valve vessel weight wheel whole
175. lappuse - Dominions ; that all things may be so ordered and settled by their endeavours, upon the best and surest foundations, that peace and happiness, truth and justice, religion and piety, may be established among us for all generations.
175. lappuse - ... or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was : and the spirit shall return unto GOD Who gave it.
421. lappuse - That their weight, including engine, fuel, water and attendants, may be under three tons. "4. That they can ascend and descend hills of considerable inclination with facility and safety. "5. That they are perfectly safe for passengers. "6. That they are not (or need not be, if properly constructed) nuisances to the public. "7. That they will become a speedier and cheaper mode of conveyance than carriages drawn by horses.
387. lappuse - Land ; and who were empowered to Report the MINUTES of the EVIDENCE taken before them to The House...
174. lappuse - I do not overlook this evidence ; but because I am sensible of its importance, I will not hastily and dogmatically decide concerning it, but I will only say that you shall be taken hence to the place whence you came, and thence to the place of execution.
45. lappuse - But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way : the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
388. lappuse - These inquiries have led the Committee to believe that this substitution of inanimate for animal power, in draught on common roads, is one of the most important improvements in the means of internal communication ever introduced.
300. lappuse - In any right-angled triangle, the square which is described upon the side subtending the right angle, is equal to the squares described upon the sides which contain the right angle.
129. lappuse - ... atmosphere, was fortunate enough to discover the source from whence her uneasiness proceeded. She placed her paw upon the hole through which the air escaped, and thus prevented any more from passing out of the receiver. All the exertions of the philosopher were now unavailing ; in vain he drew the piston ; the cat's paw effectually prevented its operation. Hoping to effect his purpose, he...